Safety & Security Projects
Listed here are some of the projects I’ve managed in the category of Safety & Security Projects:
||Upgrade the Facility Proximity Lock system from IR data transfer to wireless data transfer
- Problem: Inefficient lock updating system – needed it to become wireless.
- Procured a newly invented wireless lock control system.
- Negotiated cost and lock upgrade process.
- Project Team: HR and IT Departments.
- Cost: $50K.
||Install fire alarm system
- Problem: Safety concerns in large hangar facility housing offices and crew quarters.
- Wrote RFP, selected vendor, and worked with the vendor to install a monitored fire alarm system.
- Project Team: Administration, IT, and Communications Center.
- Cost: $80K.
||Facility Proximity Lock ID Badge Security System
- Problem: Security problem of key retrieval when employees lost keys or quit, and having flexible facility access control.
- Problem: Hard wired doors cost prohibitive.
- Problem: New ID badges needed per airport requirements post 911.
- Procured a battery powered, ID badge controlled, proximity locks and installed them.
- Locks updated by IR data transfer every two weeks by supply room staff.
- Project Team: IT, Administration, Communications, Logistics, and HR Departments.
- Cost $80K.
||Flight Helmets and fire proof flight suites. Personal Protective Gear
- Evaluated and selected flight helmets.
- Selected flight suits and desiged uniform.
- Coordinated crew training and write supporting SOPs.
- Project Team: Air Crews and HR.
- Cost: $140K.
||Dangerous Drug Control System
- Designed a drug control system.
- Instaled a double key safe bolted to a locked locker, which is mounted to the building; and accompanying records tracking system.
- Project Team: Clinical Leaders, Risk Manager, and Pharmacy Board.
- Cost: $5K.