Aviation & Aircraft
Listed here are some of the projects I’ve managed in the category of Avaiation & Aircraft:
||Fuel Farm at Main Base OSU Airport
- Problem – Old jet fuel truck unreliable
- Negotiated lease for new truck.
- Relocated 3,000 gallon system from closed Lodi base to Don Scott Field OSU.
- Established 2 fixed refuel stations and electronic monitoring for the fuel system.
- Project Team: Aviation Air Carrier, Facility Maintenance, Fuel Vendor, IT, V.P. of Safety.
- Cost $110K.
||Part 135 Air Carrier Change
- Lead multiple teams to change Air Carrier.
- 10 year contract with Metro Aviation for 8 brand new aircraft and services.
- Project configured new EC130 aircraft for medical transport and aligned operational and safety systems.
- Changed carriers and systems one base at a time. Also involved shutting down operations with the old carriers.
- Project Team: Administration, IT, HR, Air Crews, Finance, Employees throught the organization, and Metro Aviation.
- Cost: 250 million dollar project over ten years.
||RFP Air Carrier Change project for Promedica Health Systems in Toledo Ohio
- Wrote and led in conjunction with Promedica transport team leadership RFP to select Air Carrier for a new contract.
- Involved evaluation of 5 Air Carrier candidates.
- Helped consult Promedica with selection process.
- Project allowed MedFlight to select Air Carrier without the RFP process in the following year.
- Project Team: MF Execs, IT, and Promedica Leadership.
- Cost: PM Time and travel.
||Acquire King Air 200 aircraft
- Problem: Service problems during maintenance downtime in Fixed Wing.
- Problem: Need for longer range capability.
- Problem: No money to purchase new aircraft.
- Negotiated a lease agreement paying for aircraft with flight hours.
- New King Air 200 modified with medical interior, including medical equipment procurement.
- Crew training.
- Project Team: Fixed Wing, Risk Management, and Finance Departments.
- Cost: $60K.
||Upgrade dedicated backup aircraft N460H
- Problem: Dedicated backup aircraft not standardized, creating perceived safety and patient care problems.
- Negotiated major aircraft upgrades with Air Carrier contract amendment.
- Project Team: Medical Crews, Air Carrier, IT and Finance.
- Cost: $50/hr. flight time increase for this aircraft.
- Problem: High aircraft maintenance down time problem caused by ageing fleet.
- Replaced 3 oldest BK117 aircraft with new EC135 aircraft.
- Upgraded the remaining 2 newer BK117 aircraft with improved avionics and structural work.
- Led aircrew team to configure the medical interior and coordinated with Part 145 Completion Shop for the work.
- Trained medical crews and deployed new aircraft.
- Changed medical ventilators in aircraft.
- Project Team: Helicopter Air Crews, Air Carriers, IT and Finance Departments.
- Cost: 100 Million Dollars (5 year Air Carrier Extension), and $75K (Medical Ventilators).
||TH250 TAC/COM Control Head and Ericson radio system installation in fleet aircraft
- Problem: Solve statewide radio communications problems.
- Problem: Additional radios caused console space problems.
- Procured American Electric Power 800 Mhz. radio systems which can communicate everywhere from the ground.
- Procured TH250 simultaneous control multiple transceivers from single control. (Wolfsburg FM,VHF,UHF, and 800)
- Provided room to add AEP Ericson 800 system.
- Trained crews in the new high-tech systems.
- Project Team: Air Carrier, Air Crews and IT.
- Cost: $100K.
||Change MF1 Helicopter Operation from VFR to IFR program
- Changed the MedFlight 1 base in Columbus from a VFR to IFR operation.
- New Aircraft acquisition N117MK run by Air Carrier Omniflight.
- Hired pilots and mechanics, and coordinated pilot training.
- Trained medical crews and communications center to IFR Operations.
- Changed tools, systems, and procedures in Pilot’s Office.
- Educated community on the enhanced capabilities.
- Project Team: Air Carriers, Medflight Administration, Communications Center, and Air Crews.
- Cost: Increase in aircraft fixed and variable cost rate based on existing contract upgrades.